Kingfisher Class Home Learning Resources
Following the announcement of school closure, we have outlined below a selection of tasks which can be completed in the blank exercise book provided or on a computer/electronic device. We have also provided a list of websites with some useful resources/ideas.
The home learning tasks can be found in the Learning Grids below. We suggest children choose daily learning tasks from the grid. Tasks will be linked to the year group expectations and the curriculum focus for the term. We appreciate that some tasks will take longer than others, and in this case the amount of tasks completed each day will be at the discretion of parents. Our expectation is that most tasks on the Learning Grid will be completed by the end of the week. There will be a new weekly Learning Grid every school week.
Enjoy the tasks set and don't forget you can complete some fun and creative activites designed at home too! We will look forward to seeing/sharing the work they have completed when school commences again.
15 minutes Skipping or some form of physical exercise
15 minutes reading
15 minutes Spellzone https://www.spellzone.com/ for those pupils who have login details, however, some resources are accessible without a log in.
15 minutes using times table rock stars https://ttrockstars.com/ (Access/log in details in reading log)
Minimum 15 minutes on Mathletics https://www.mathletics.co.uk/ (Access/log in details in reading log)
Other Websites you may find useful:
* Reading – Oxford Owl are offering free online reading books for children 3-11 years during school lockdown – https://www.oxfordowl.co.uk
* Phonics play - https://www.phonicsplay.co.uk/freeIndex.htm
* Hit the button maths games – number bonds, doubles, halves, multiplication and division https://www.topmarks.co.uk/maths-games/hit-the-button (no log in details required)
Other online games/activities
* Times tables https://www.timestables.co.uk/multiplication-tables-check/
* BBC bitesize - has lovely resources liked to many curriculum areas https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/primary
* BBC Supermovers – has many fun and engaging songs linked to different areas of the curriculum https://www.bbc.co.uk/teach/supermovers